Kin Coffee Cart is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help serve coffee at the Shawnessy YMCA in Calgary.
What a Typical Day Looks Like
- Shifts are 3-4 hours in length
- Brewing coffee & setting up the coffee cart
- Chatting with customers about the PWYW model and why dignified food access is important
Who We're Looking For
- Anyone who is able to lift 20 lbs and stand on their feet for extended periods
- People who are passionate about serving their community & dignified food access
- Individuals who are looking for customer service experience in a relaxed environment
Sign Up for Volunteer Shifts
- Download the Rescue Food app here
- Create an account, login & sign the waiver
- Sort programs in the top right hand corner and choose Kin
- Choose the shift you want to volunteer for buy clicking “Sign Up”
- If it’s your first time signing up for a Kin shift, you’ll receive a welcome email from our Program Manager, and more information about your first shift
Absolutely! We request that any children under 16 be accompanied by a parent or guardian. We think this is a great way for families to volunteer together.
You can cancel your volunteer shift anytime in the app by clicking on “My Routes -> click the shift -> Cancel Signup.” Please send an email to the Kin program manager also as soon as you cancel your shift at email@example.com
You are welcome to sign up for as many shifts as you can handle!
We are located in the Shawnessy YMCA atrium in Calgary, AB.
For more information, please contact our Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org